European Games – Minsk 2019
The 2nd European Games MINSK 2019 were held in Minsk, Belarus from 21 to 30 June 2019. More than 3,500 athletes from 50 countries competed in 200 medal events in 15 sports and for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics berths.
mc was responsible for the Pan-European PR communications campaign adapted to 10 European target markets: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy and Poland.
The objective was among others, to raise awareness for the 2nd European Games in Minsk and to improve the overall image of Belarus as a tourist destination
Global Travel was involved in the Event management, by providing services for the multi-sport event promotion including press trips, conferences organization and participants management.
Further objectives of the Campaign were:
- Maximize the attention to Belarus as a host of the European Games
- Better recognition of brand European Games
- Increase awareness of what Belarus has to offer (in terms of city tourism, agro- and ecotourism, investment & export promotion)
- Attract more tourists to Belarus during the event and improve the image of the country for sports enthusiasts and general public
- Attract media attention to the event and the country
- Refresh the image of Belarus for the global community
- Announce Belarus as an attractive destination for the European community with a special focus on tourists, investors and exporters
- Create a stronger image of the European Games